Summer is definitely upon us and the sale season has already hit so what’s worth snapping up NOW that will mean you’re ahead of the style game come Spring 2019?
It may seem overly organised but as the trends strut down the catwalk and the current year sales kick in, I can’t help but look to the future as to what i’ll be wearing come next summer. Here’s a few key looks you may want to have in mind when you simply can’t resist the call of the sales but first here’s a few key sale shopping tips…
- Visit your favourite staple brands alongside your aspirational ones – if your budget won’t stretch to their standard price range it might come discount time.
- Buy quality and not cheap fast fashion – think conscious consumerism – it’s not a ‘bargain’ if you never wear it – quality shows and cheap always just looks cheap!
- Look for basics such as black trousers, jackets, tops and skirts with an interesting design twist or great fabric. I always keep an eye out for Cashmere, Silk and leather items.
- If you loved it full price and then found it reduced and still feel it fits to your style and wardrobe needs then do a little happy dance!
and the key SS19 trends are…
Entitled CHEERFUL FEMINITY I love the bright, colourful, Pop Art feel of this look. Think rainbows, pleats, floral over excitement, wide leg trousers, collage sweatshirts. In fact #rainbowskirt is already trending people, and no one has done it better than Insta Gold bat-gio aka Giovanna Battaglia Engelbert Creative Director / Author / Fashion Editor and owner of excellent name!
Trend 2: RELAXED SOPHISTICATION
- This one is exploring the multiple shades of blue. Looser fits in wrap styles can still feel luxe and elegant. It’s about natural materials in easy, dreamy cuts. Think Safari suits, overalls, paper bag trousers and long shirts and wrap dresses.
Highstreet Staple COS STORES are rather good at this silhouette, though mix it up for a less structured feel…
Trend 3: CLASSIC REFRESH
- With an athleisure feel, add coloured t-shirts or jersey tops to cropped tailored trousers. Checks are key alongside light tones with pops of colour. It’s a little bit 80’s loose silhouette, mid length pencil skirt with a luxe sweatshirt and your boyfriends cardigan. I’m loving this look with shades of stone | putty with a dash of citrus lemon.
If you’re avoiding the SALES I’m sure you’ll find some great pieces in second hand and vintage stores that’ll ensure you keep ahead of the style game and if the trends don’t bother you then good luck in finding some treasured new wardrobe fodder at great prices!
I hope you find these trend tips of help! Feel free to comment below.
mood boards curated by Deniz Trosdorff and sourced from www.textilmitteilungen.de magazine.
COMING UP: Key Trends: AW 2018